Do you have a great idea to support your community in Conisbrough or Denaby? Would a grant of up to £500 help to make it happen?
It's a great idea for local people to influence their own communities and have a chance to pursue their passions and interests. And, thanks to a partnership with Doncaster Council and the Well Doncaster initiative, DWDT is adminstering the distribution of grants to community groups based in Conisbrough and Denaby to help turn local ideas into realities.
Grants have already been awarded to some fantastic local initiatives including Light Up the Castle’s brilliant Remembrance poppy display, new uniforms for members of a marching band and local sports club improvements including Denaby Juniors (pictured below).
Simply follow the link on this page to download and complete the short application explaining your idea and how it will help your .local community. A small panel of local residents will consider all applications and the benefits they might bring. Anyone not keen on filling in forms can arrange to attend one of the monthly panel meetings instead to share their ideas in person.
To be eligible to apply for and receive funding your group must fit the following criteria;
- Be a not for profit, third sector, voluntary or community group
- Be connected with or meet the needs of Denaby Main
- Have a bank or building society account where at least two signatories are required to draw funds
- Have a governing document that has a minimum of name, aim and membership
- Have evidence of community involvement in their application
Applications can be submitted for a maximum amount of £500 (there is no minimum)
The type of activities to be funded will include those that involve;
- Reducing social isolation
- Running inter-generational activities
- Promoting physical activity and healthy eating
- Promoting arts and creativity
- Raising aspirations
- Tackling drug and alcohol misuse
- Supporting volunteers
Examples of what can be funded;
- Purchase of equipment
- Cost of a local event or workshop
- Training for volunteers
- Additional activities to expand an existing funded project
Applications will not be accepted for activities promoting religious beliefs, political activities or goods that have already been bought or ordered.
If your group would like to apply for a grant please click here to download an application form.
Please return the completed form together with a copy of your governing document and any evidence to support your application by either of the following options:-
By email to:- email@example.com
By post to:- Well Doncaster Micro-grants
Doncaster West Development Trust
Mexborough Business Centre
If you have any queries about the micro-grants, please contact DWDT on 01709 866466.